This award is presented to a member of the Delaware Veterinary Medical Association (DVMA) who has demonstrated a lifetime of selfless dedication to veterinary medicine, the health of welfare of animals, and the betterment of the profession.
The Lifetime Achievement Award will be awarded annually to a DVMA member who has:
- An established history of distinguished service;
- Made a lasting, reputable contribution to the veterinary profession;
- Exhibited leadership and provided inspiration to others in the profession; and
- Positively influenced the profession on a state, national or international level.
Nominees Should Have:
- Made a positive impact on the profession on the state and/or national level;
- 25 years, or more, of sustained service and/or is considered an honor roll DVMA member;
- Earned recognition by other industry, training, education or employer groups;
- The respect of professional peers;
- General acknowledgement as having reached a pinnacle of their profession or industry;
- Personal integrity; and
- Two letters of recommendation from DVMA members in good standing.
Nominations should include the name and contact information of the nominator including email and daytime phone number. The nominating individual should include reasons why the veterinarian should be chosen for this prestigious award.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: OCTOBER 1
Award recipients will be notified by email in mid-October. Awards will be presented during the DVMA Winter Conference luncheon on November 8, 12:00-1:30 pm at Bally’s Dover Casino & Resort in Dover, DE.